Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case breather?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, Nov 5, 2000.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Where does your t-case breather run to?(i.e. under the hood beside the fire wall, atop the trans, etc.)Thanks

blazen91

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

if you get about 2 or three feet of hose just coil it up and zip tie it together so that the coils are UPRIGHT.... do not let them lay flat or the bad things can get in.. make sure that the open end is pointing down also.. if you want you can run it up to the engine compartment somewhere but also do the same there to or install one of those plastic breather caps on the end.....

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Mine(np205) just runs to the body above the case. It does have one of those round plasit caps on the end of it. The rear diff vents to the inner frame rail, and the front diff vents to the side of the radiator up nice and high. I need to do some plumbing and run them all up higher than the carb. Which makes me think, does the SM465 tranny have a vent, or does it just vent at the shifter input?? That could be hard to seal and vent if so. Dang, tried to answer a question and now I have a question. Oh well, gotta love ColoradoK5.com

Cruisin in my '73.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I tried to find my breather for my 205, but it too well up in there. Oh well, I changed my fluid a while back and it looked good so no worries.
    -- Mike

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Goose, I've got the SM465/NP205 combo and recently had it out. Topside of the tranny is a breather, its just a stubby with a little cap. I think its threaded into the top of the tranny. I ran into a time crunch or I would have investigated a little more thoroughly into running sodt line up to the firewall. The T-case also has a breather on top and on mine it has a short rubber line and a cap. Most of this would be accessable if you remove the floor hump where it is bolted down. Hmm could be my next "to-do" project, like that list is getting any shorter[​IMG]!
    The shifter input is top-loader style, and I don't think there would be a way for the tranny to breath through it.
    If you ever need to remove the shifter or the top of the tranny let me know, there are a few little tricks that are hard to figure out just by looking at it.

Rene

[​IMG]

6. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info tRK5, I'll have to check it out and run all my vents somewhere high.

Cruisin in my '73.