Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-Case Chain Replacement

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by primerk5, Jan 26, 2001.

1. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if any one could tell me if it is or is not possible to replace a np203 t-case chain in the truck or if u have to remove the t-case to do this any help would be greatly apreciated.

p.s. It is a converted case if that has nething to do with it.

thanks

PRIMERK5

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think it would be much easier to remove the t-case to do the chain. You might be able to slip the new chain in without removing the chaincase from the gearbox, but I've never tried it. It looks theoretically possible.......
    You might check into a chain tensioner kit, maybe mile marker? I think they're offset bearings and retainers for the front output.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. Hobbes68

Hobbes68 Registered Member

I replaced the chain in my old 76 blazer (can't remember what T-case it had). I had to basically split the T case in half to do the job. I don't think it would be very easy to do in the truck. Since you have to take it apart that much, you might as well take the whole thing out and do it on a workbench.

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    I have not done it on the vehicle, but whactched it done by a PRO, and with me handing him the tools, and
    drinking his beer, he did it all in under 1.5 hours, after it was put on the lift.
    It can be done, but as aready posted its easer for a first timer to remove the t-case, and then replace the chain.
    Either way there are lots of needile bearing to keep track of.
    Hope thgis helps.