Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-CASE DOUBLER?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLUESMAN, Jul 8, 2002.

1. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Here's my problem.I have an '85 SM465 trans with an NP208 t case and I want to go a double t case.From what I've read there is no kit to match up to an 203 or an 205 case.I have an '78 205 t case(out of an manual) and an 203 case(out of an TH350).What would I need to install the 205 to my trans?What is the cost of the T-Case doubler adapter?How much longer is the doubler cases compared to the NP208 single case?I've done a search,but came up with nil!I need some lower lo-range gears....the 70:1 is'nt doing it!!Thanks guys!!Mike

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

To do a doubler on your 465, you need a rare adapter from a 74 truck with a 465/203 setup. This adapter allows you to mate the needed 203, then just pick which 205 you want to go with and you're almost there. Just spend, and install!

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Just spend, and install!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Why didn't I think of that!? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Thanks for the site! That's what i was looking for.First I must install the diff lockers and then the doubler.