Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-Case fluid change

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Aug 27, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think I will be doing this soon. I have a few questions. First does anyone know what size the drain and fill plugs are? Its an NP 241. And I dont have sockets that big. Also what is the best way to fill it? Can you use a squirt fitting thing from a gear oil container or would a funnel work better? It uses Dexron III ATF right? How many qts. do I need? Thanks in advance

90K5

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You can pick-up a fluid pump from any auotstore. I got one that is used to pump fluid from fleet sized containers. Spent $4. If you dont want to go that route then just empty one of those squeeze H20 bottles. Let it dry out completly. I have an NP208 so I really cant help on the fluid type or capicity. I didnt have the size wrenchs either. I used an adjustable wrench to get mine off. Not too bad. Didnt round off either one. Well thats my $0.02 back to the Simpsons.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I bought a case the last time I changed my fluid, It took about 11 gts.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim