Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case griding in 4wd

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by durantk5, Nov 9, 2005.

1. durantk5

durantk5 Registered Member

i have an 88 k5 with 6 inch susp lift. its got the 700r4 and 208 and stock driveshafts. when im in four wheel drive and the whole front end or truck bounces up at once i get a grinding noise coming from the t-case area. i am usually going pretty slow. could it be that the splines on the front driveshaft are barely coming apart or would it be the t-case? thanks
    Nick

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

You said 6" with the stock driveshaft? Are there any exhaust modifications? If not, under droop, your front shaft will probably rub the downpipe of the exhaust. Check for marks on the pipe. Does it have any other symptoms? What do your rear driveline angles look like?

3. durantk5

durantk5 Registered Member

oh yeah i forgot about the exhaust in the front. the pinion driveshaft angle is good, almost comepletly straight but the t-case driveshaft angle is pretty steep. i did the 1 inch t-case drop but that set the front driveshaft on the exhaust. thanks for the help.
    Nick

4. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

if you have a stock driveshaft in the back with a 6" lift, that sucker probably a hair away from falling out.
    here is a pic of mine before i got it lengthened
    [​IMG]