Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

t-case help again

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Jun 30, 2002.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

i have posted this question several times and never seem to get the answer im looking for. In 4-hi and 4-lo my truck pops out of gear whenever any stress is put on it. Why is this? Any fix for it. I cant even drive it in 4 hi. Thanks

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Your t-case is a little loose on its mount, sounds like a 208, mine did this until I repaced the rubber pad it was mounted on at the crossmember.

3. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

is that the only thing that could cause it? I tightened it and its a new pad..........it still does the same thing /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

dude you have a 6 inch lift? you need to adjust the linkege.it seems to be tight mine did the dame thing with a 4 inch lift ? two 9/16th wrenches and 10 minutes should fix the problem . /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

He's right, especially if you have a body lift, your linkage may be out of adjustment and not quite getting it into gear completely, when you put a little stress on it, it pops out, I had a toyota that did this.

6. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Same exact problem here, expect my only pops out of 4-hi I have a 208 also, still havent found a fix for it. I think this is pretty common on most 208's if I'm not mistaken. Friend told me he had the same problem on his 79.

btw only have a 2 inch body lift on mine.

7. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

How is the shift fork?
    Mine did the same thing for a while until it finally let go. The shift fork is supposed to be about a 1/2" thick when I rebuilt my case it was dang near razor thin.

8. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

drop the rear drive shaft and carefully remove the back half of the case, the shift fork is supposed to have plastic pads where it contacts the range slider. they fall off and then the fork wears, as a result it doesn't push the slider all the way to lock it in gear, when it's popping in and out it's also wearing the slider which will cause more problems later.