Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Jan 8, 2006.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

First time pulling a T-case apart(208), was just going to reseal it but as usuall something went wrong. Next thing I know two sets of needle bearings have just popped off the main shaft and spread through the case. Cleaned them all up and got all of them accounted for but this leads to my question. There are two sets of the bearings and a ring that fit on this section of the shaft, but where does the ring go in the sequence? in between the bearing or to the output side are the options, I believe. Thanks for any help and "Now I know better:wink1: "
  2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Jul 26, 2000
    If I remember right, there is more than one of those rings that keep the bearings in place. Here's a diagram:
  3. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Thanks, exactly what I needed. Also the magnet was quite brittle as it shattered when it fell of the bench. Looked at drivetrain.com but couldn't find a replacement. would this still be available from the dealer or what are my other/better options.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2006