Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case leaking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by walt88, Jan 28, 2001.

1. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

My transfer case is leaking from the very bottom. Very minorly. where is the most common place for a t-case to leak.

Keep the shiny side up, and the greasy side down.

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Good question 'cause mines doing it too. I should tear it apart and stop all those annoying leaks. Does anyone know of any seal/gasket for the 208C?

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

3. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

The thing is is that there is barley a leak. It is coming from the dead bottom where the lowest bolt is. I just wonder when things are going to god damn stop leaking on my truck!!!!

4. dewey

dewey Registered Member

Did the seal dry out? Don't they sell some "magic in a can" that swells seals, so the leak stops?

5. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

I am gonna take a better look tommorrow
    so we will find out.

6. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem w/ my 241. A buddy of mine who rebuilds trannies said that the problem was a bad design at the factory. Apparently the seal faces are smooth and don't hold a seal well. His remedy was to throw out the gasket, scibe the faces in the middle of the machined surface (for a place for the silicone to grab) and orange goo'd it. It fixed all of the leaks except one. But that's a crack in the case. Eventually I'll get that welded (when it's warmer out). This is for an aluminum case. Will it work on your cases?? Don't know, but it's worth a shot.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!!