Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-Case Losens

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DERBST, Jan 9, 2001.

1. DERBST

DERBST Registered Member

I have a 1990 fullsize Blazer with an NP241 and a 700R4. I was wondering if anyone else has to inspect the (4) T-case to transmission bolts on a regular basis. Every month, (even sooner if lots of wheelin), or so I find my T-case leaking tranny fluid. Upon inspection I always find that these bolts have backed out. I have tried Locktite but to no avail. My driveline angles are with in one degree of each other so I don't believe that is the culprit. Any ideas????

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

interesting...........are the bolts the right ones??? What I mean is, was the tranny or transfer case rebuilt by someone and they put the wrong bolts back in??? The case can be stripped real easy you know, its only aluminum, be careful tightening the bolts. Also use the red locktight, thats the strongest one I believe, and if its not find and use the strongest locktite. I would definately check the bolts and make sure they are correct.....weird......I hope this post helps......js

3. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Spray brake cleaner into the bolt holes before you use the red loctite also the bolts may be to short check for length.

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

That is weird. Ditto on the other post. Just FYI, vibration is the biggest cause of bolts coming out. Have you knocked the balancing weights off your drive shafts?? Feel any weird vibrations??

[​IMG]