Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

t-case options with 700r4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Apr 20, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ok, i'm on my 3rd np 241.
    1st one threw my rear drive shaft twice before locking up
    2nd one i cracked my housing because i didnt shorten my front shaft when i lowered it 2 inched.
    3rd one (got put in friday) is now making a very bad grinding/chain/whining noise at any speed. not just low speeds, it gets louder the faster i go.

so i'm a little weary to rebuild the 241 seein as how i have so many problems with them.
    if i went to any other t-case will my current shafts work? or would the cheepest path be to rebuild the 241 i have now? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am suprised, most people don't have much internal problems with 241's. Bummer. I wouldn't be afraid to rebuild the 241 you have but I'm biased because I love mine. Maybe a 205 would be better.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

205, just get a spacer or buy the shorter ontput shaft from advanced adapters. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

maybe a 208.

the 208/241 at the end of the 700 is the poor mans doubler. with a single case, your crawl is 82:1 with OD to run up into if you need to get moving in 4 lo.

I'd try to rebuild it, or get to the bottom of what is causing the problems (ie: drivelines being right length, etc.)