Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case output seal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

May 29, 2001
    My 203 front output seal needs replacing- BAD! Anybody know what the torque should be on this? This is just like replacing a pinion seal right? No parts are gonna come falling out? If the torque is around 150 lbs. then I'm thinking I can probably handle it by hand cuz I don't have an impact gun. What do you guys think?

Stuck is a state of mind!

76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked
  2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Aug 18, 2000
    Drain t-case, remove front drive shaft and then the nut on front flange, remove washer then there should be a rubber washer that is cut to fit into the splines (probably covered with RTV). Remove flange and then the seal. Replace seal, clean flange area where it meets the seal and buff out any rough marks. Install flange, then rubber washer and place a small bead of RTV around it. Install flat washer and install nut and torque nut to 150 ft lbs. If you don't have a torque wrench, get one, it will pays for itself in the long run.