Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case popping out of 4H

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NMJImmy, Feb 3, 2002.

1. NMJImmy

NMJImmy Registered Member

This weekend I used 4H for this first time since the lift was installed. On icy streets the t-case kept popping back into 2H. I did the t-case drop w/ the factory spacers, is there an adjustment to the linkage that is needed also. I just assumed one wasn't needed. 4L stayed in gear w/out popping out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Crawl around under there and folow the shifter arm from the hump to the case. You should see a little sqaure looking doodad with a round end on a big long threaded stud, its called a swivel. There's a little nut holding that thing in place, loosen it. Then move that big threaded stud that the swivel is on. Moving that will adjust the geometery on your linkage. I assume this is a 208/241 case because you mentioned 2H. Could be a 205, but you didn't say now and I'm too lazy to click the back button and look at your profile, haha. Good luck.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>

3. NMJImmy

Is it similar to the auto-tranny linkage? I'm not really sure of the model number, it's stock tho.

4. NMJImmy

Thanks for your help Blazer Boy, I could'nt access CK5 for awhile so I was unable to thank you for your assistance. All's well now. Z.

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I couldn't log on either. I had some big ol' explaination written after my intial post, but i don't see it. Anyways, no problem, thats what we're here for [​IMG].

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>