Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

t-case question & idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Apr 5, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

first question. just had my t-case swapped out. the guy that sold it to me said it came out of the same year vehicle, just it was a truck. but the installer says its an older model t-case and it doesnt have the sensor box(for the 4x4 engagement light) and also has different linkages. does anyone know if the linkages and sensor box can be swapped out to the older model t-case. ? next idea/question. i seen this item on a blazer on a recent road trip. i tried to catch up with the driver, but was stopped by a train. it is available through summit or jc whitney. it is rear window sun deflector made by ventshade. i thought this would be cool to help stop water running down the rear tailgate and causing the classic rear tailgate rot. unfortunately they do not make this item specificly for our blazers and im in desperate need of a vehicle with the same rear window (top) dimensions. they only list chevy/dodge/ford vehicles from the late 80's up.does any one know of a compatible vehicle ? i emailed the company to start making one for us, but recieved a less than enthusaistic reply. any help is appreciated. thanks.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I'm not quite sure if it would be dimensionally perfect, but a 73-96 Ford window is pretty similar to a Blazer - I remember this from using a piece of tint I had cut for Grandpa's K5 on my F250.

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

you mentioned a ford window. what type of vehicle specificaly. it has to cover the top of the window completely.thanks.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

A Ford pickup - mine was a 77, and the width was nearly identical, I had to shave a little off, but not much. Go hit the local used car lots with a tape measure, and check out the late models - something is bound to be a perfect fit/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

dude, i had a friend measure his 95' f150 and i think you are right. many thanks. when i get around to ordering that back widow cover ill let you know how things turned out. many thanks.