Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-Case question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Nov 18, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

Alright, so im putting in this minor 8 inch lift, and i've been told to drop the tcase, so i talk to another guy and he says, just shim the axle. so im like what do i do? and how on earth do i lower the tcase(th350/203)?

thanks,

phill

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

With a 8" lift in a k5 you need to drop the t-case at least 2" and shim the axle atleast 8 degrees to keep driveline vibs down. Also put a part time kit in your 203 because it will throw the front angle off really bad when you lower the t-case that much. If I were you I would do a 6" lift and either cut the fenders to make the tires fit or do a 1-2" body lift. BTW you need to lengthen both driveshafts. You will also need a drop pitman arm, steering arm and possibly a drop center link. You dont need all of that for a 6" though just a steering arm and possibly a center link.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

ya well its kinda late for that, the rear springs are already installed, i already bought the springs and degreed the rear 6 degrees, i was told 2 inches is too much? my question is how do i lower it?

phill

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

You can try an inch. Just take the spacers that came on the truck from the factory and put them inbetween the frame and the crossmember. The spacers are either on top of the frme or under the crossmember.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

ya i can't find any spacers.... and i just lower the xmember w/ the tcase/tranny adapter on it? i can just go by some washers.

phill