Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

t case question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBoy truck, Feb 18, 2002.

1. BigBoy truck

BigBoy truck Registered Member

about how much would yall pay for a used 205 t case i am just looking for a used one and i wasnt sure about how much a decent price for a used one would be so if yall could say how much yall would be willing to pay for one would help me out a lot

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

$2.00 shipped to my door.

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I'd be willing to pay about $250 to $300 for one. I saw one on E-Bay that is going for $360 and it is basically straight out of the bone yard [​IMG]

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

4. BigBoy truck

yea i would rather not get one out the junk yard u never know if its gonna work right or not untill u get it home and put on my truck

5. BigBoy truck

how much would a new one be? and where could i find a place to buy one

6. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

With a 205, wou will get raped on the price if you buy it from a place that rebuilds them. I just bought a 208 from this guy and he paid $925 like 2 years ago for a 208 from a place that sells them new. I got the t-case and a bunch of other stuff for $275. If I were you, I would brush up on my t-case ID'ing skills and head to the bone yard...Most yard's will let you open the puppy up and see whsat the internals are like...with a 205, if the inside looks good...IT WILL WORK GREAT...they are VERY stout pieces. Casein point: 205's are very desireable because of their stalwart nature and if you buy a new/rebuilt one, you will seriously PAY BUKU $$$$$$...If you get ony from a bone yard, it won't look as pretty but chances are it WILL work fine and with a little elbow grease and a rebuild kit it will be like new for a lot less $$$$$$.... Good Luck...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>