Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

t-case shifter question..and yes i searched..please help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Mar 16, 2003.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

I am having a problem with my t-case shifter slipin out of gear..I have an 82 with a np208..when i am in 4-hi driving on the streets through snow everything is fine, but when i am in 4-hi climbing a muddy-rutty hill, or hit a good hole it slips out of 4-hi in to 2wheel drive,,it is really pissin me off..i get almost all the way to the top of the hill, slip into 2wheel drive and lose all traction and start to sit and spin and have to fight it back into 4-hi so i can make it up the hill..and it is a pain to try and see where you are going while holding the shifter in place..and the hill is not bad enough that i need 4-lo..any sugestions?

2. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

umm, thanks for the links..the firts one didn't help me at all and the second one just confused me, and the t-case is not lowered and i do not have a body lift...oh well just i'll just take it down to the shop...i don't have clue about t-cases, and 4wheel drive stuff...but if you need a 700+ hp 502 big block built...i'm your guy...kinda sad really i can build neck breaking engines but am clue less on just about everything else...

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

did you do a tcase drop?

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the t-case is not lowered and i do not have a body lift

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but that does not mean yhat your linkage is correct. I was trying to find one link inparticular, but you beat me to reply.

7. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

well i do appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out...i was reading my chilton on adjusting the transfer case shift linkage and it is confusing me..it says (1.) put t-case lever in 4hi detent (2.) push lower shifter lever foward to 4hi stop....huh? what lower shifter lever? (3) install rod swivel in shift lever hole...now i'm totaly lost /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif