Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case Strength?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rpm35, Jul 23, 2003.

1. rpm35

rpm35 Registered Member

I broke the output shaft on my 241 and I am wondering witch tcase to drop in. I was thinking of puting a short shaft on the 241, but I don't know if it will be strong enough. I also have a 203 and the spacer to mount to the 4L60. Someday I will put a doubler in but I have run low on cash /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and still need a 60 and 39's by winter. I want the tcase to stand up to the 39's and about 400hp. Let me know what you guy's think.

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

go with the 203 if you already have it You'll just end up breaking that aluminum t-case again I'm going through the same thing right now with my 208 (# 4 since I put it back together)

3. rpm35

rpm35 Registered Member

If I do go with the 203, should I convert it to part time or just run it in the lock position. It will probally be in there for about a year befor I get the money for the doubler. I do alot of highway driving and I drive to work and school every day. Thanks

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

convert it I've heard its not good to run them in lock all the time something about wearing out the chain or something like that not sure though /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

youll also get better MPG if you convert it