Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case support

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr. Jimmy, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Mr. Jimmy

Mr. Jimmy Registered Member

I have a bolt broken off at the engine block that supports the rod running from the passenger side of transfer case to transmission on my 89 Jimmy. I have not had any luck drilling this out as it is hard to get to. How important is this brace?
    Thanks, Keith

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

weeeeeelllllllllllllllllp....... I haven't mine in for about 6 years and I haven't had any problems. It doesn't make it ok for you not to tho' cos with any luck it'll break tomorrow /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I took mine out when I replaced my motor years ago, I put it back on after a lazy spell, the bolt broke like yours so left it alone. I just replaced my motor again and I intended to replace it but the dual exhaust routing won't give it room so it'll stay off til I figure that one out in a few more years.

3. cdh

cdh Registered Member

I have an 89 Blazer and I noticed last week that the brace bolt was broken. I have no idea how long it has been broken, but I haven't had any problems.