Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-Case Woes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Witch Doctor, May 21, 2003.

1. Witch Doctor

Witch Doctor Registered Member

Help: knocking from what seems to be coming from my 203 while under acceleration in H, BUT it knocks only while turning in H loc. and vica-verca. I can burry the pedal in 4 loc to no nocking, but when i turn it gets nasty.

just bought the truck last week, i've replaced tranny mounts and u-joints.

also if the problem is in the T-case i want to swap a 205 in the 203's place (78 K5) what mods will i need to do without lift/with 6 inches of lift?

thanks

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Is it a knocking, or a chain jumping sound?

The swap: You'll need a 205-TH350 adaptor, and a sleeve, 2 seal's, probably some crossmember moving/modifying, driveshaft, shortening/stretching is in order, maybe a speedo cable/adaptor, exh. rerouting, and a weekend to do this. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Witch Doctor

Witch Doctor Registered Member

definately a knock, but i havent pinpointed it EXACTLY to where its coming from. i will put it up on the lift today at work to see /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thanks for the swap info. i was hoping that it was a bolt on swap, i think i'm going to do a shaft conversion to part-time and keep my 203 instead.

will the transmission enter drive without the front shaft in? i heard it wont /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i would like to run without it until i solve the issue

thanks

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Chain is loose. $120 and some gaskets and it will be good for another 150k. You will spend more than that to have your driveshafts redone to fit the 205 not counting the cost of the 205 if you have one laying around.