Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

t-case???

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by ksblaze83, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

I have a 99 silverado and it has a 261 t-case, but I was under the impression that only the auto trac t-cases were the 261. I have a lever for the shifter, not the push button 4x4. It's not the full time 4x4 so i'm confused? Anyone have any info on the 261 w/the mechanical linkage, and the push button and the differences (besides the obvious 1 is electronic one is mechanical). Thanks

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

this is a copy and paste from a 4 wheeler mag tech article. Hope it helps

’98-to-present GM ½- and ¾-ton pickups, Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, Denalis, and Escalades

What you’ll find: NVG246

Type: Autotrac part-time case that always spins the front driveshaft, aluminum, chaindriven

Low range: 2.72:1

’99-to-present ¾- and 1-ton GM trucks

What you’ll find: NVG261

Type: Part-time, magnesium, chaindriven case

’01-to-present ¾- and 1-ton GM trucks

What you’ll find: NVG263

Type: Part-time, magnesium, electric shift, chaindriven case

’98-to-present GM ½- and ¾-ton pickups, Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, Denalis, and Escalades What you’ll find: NVG246 Type: Autotrac part-time case that always spins the front driveshaft, aluminum, chaindriven Low range: 2.72:1 ’99-to-present ¾- and 1-ton GM trucks What you’ll find: NVG261 Type: Part-time, magnesium, chaindriven case Low range: 2.72:1 ’01-to-present ¾- and 1-ton GM trucks What you’ll find: NVG263 Type: Part-time, magnesium, electric shift, chaindriven case Low range: 2.72:1 ’99-to-present Ford Super Duty and Excursion What you’ll find: NVG271 (manual shifter) NVG273 (electronic shifter) Type: Part-time, magnesium, chaindriven case Low range: 2.72:1