Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-shooting the fan/blower...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MrBob, Aug 21, 2000.

1. MrBob

MrBob Registered Member

..in the heater A/C interior....just suddenly stopped,,,changed the fuse with no resolution...any ideas...?

Red Springs, N.C.
    "I ain't responsible for my crappy typin' or spellin'"

[​IMG]

2. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

Was the fuse bad, or did you just change it? Do you have voltage at the fuse, what about the blower motor? You may have to pull the plug on the motor, if it is drawing too much current, to see if you are getting voltage there. If so, is the blower motor properly grounded? You can pull the motor and hook it up to your battery and see if it is working, a couple of alligator clips and some wire. Just make sure you hook it up right ( positive and negative), it shouldn't really matter though, but just in case. - Steve

Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

3. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

same thing just happened to my dads plymouth. run the fan directly off the battery, just not for long if that works check contunity (resistance test) the wires to and from the controler the motor and the supply. if you didnt smell a burning smell before the motor craped out its probably just a bad connection.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Just FYI, I've had a blower motor just quit..........like quit all of a sudden, with no friggin' warning, right in the middle of a Canadian prairie blizzard at -28C!!!!! Anyhow, enough crying- just wanted to say the fan motor could have just died.