Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T.V. cable adjustment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by airmdwn, Sep 2, 2000.

1. airmdwn

airmdwn Registered Member

Jul 30, 2000
    I have a 700r4 mated to a 205 in a 74 blazer. i have had no problems really but i recently changed the torque converter and had to mess with the TV cable.. I didn't do the original trans install. When all the upgrades were installed and the rebuild happened it was installed and i never really attempted to learn how to adjust itcause it worked so well. The cable is a universal type and not like the stock gm cable.so all the manuals really dont seem to apply because the cable is different. The throttle bracket has been modified to get the proper amount of travel. So any info would be helpful so i dont kill it.
  2. Rich84

Rich84 Registered Member

Feb 17, 2000
    I don't know why, but one day I messed with mine just for the hell of it, and set it to wide open throttle (just like the book said). Can't even describe how much that f**'d it up. I would start with it almost all the way back in. Road test it and move it out (away from the firewall) at 1/8 or less intervals until you get it right. A very slight adjustment can have a large impact. If you can't get it after an hour or so, just take it to a tranny shop. They shouldn't charge more than 10 or 15 to get it right. Leaving it screwed up, can wreak havok on your tranny.
  3. River

River 1/2 ton status

May 8, 2000
    Oke it takes two man to adjust it the right way, let somebody give full throtle while you set the cable. When it is full throtle then you extend the tv-cable as far as possible out now you tight it.
    So basicly the tv-cable is fully extended by full throtle if this is oke then the adjustment is good. Make sure the throtle bracket is the right one.
    On the download section by the B&M website is a manual four the TH700R4 on the last page is a discription on how the travel off the bracket is supposed to be.
    For the original cable, in my expirience thier are a lot off automatic adjusters not function right. When you do like the book say`s fully extend the adjuster then with throtle it automaticly adjusts will not always work because off sticking adjusters so dò it manualy let somebody give full throtle then set the adjuster to as far as you can extend it`s alway`s right now.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

River `90 K5, 350, TH700R4, NP241, "33, 3.08, 10 bolt F, 10 Bolt R