Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T.V. cable adjustment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rh88k5, Mar 20, 2003.

1. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

I just put new headgaskets on and did a valve job, while removing the intake, I broke the plastic end of my trans throttle valve cable, so when I was done the headgaskets I put on a new cable and adjusted it like the Haynes manual says to, now the trans shifts hard and late on the 1-2 shift, could it not be adjusted correctly? 88 350 tbi 700r4 with no "shift kit".What is the best adjustment procedure? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

If you didnt modify any of the brackets or mounting points, you can usually loosen the cable at the mount so it slides forward, open the butterfly to WOT, then pull the sleeve part back all the way and secure it. This will give you maximum pressure at WOT and sufficient pressure at low throttle use so you dont slip the clutehes. Another way is to attach a pressure gage and while engine is idiling, pull the TV cable tension until the pressure just starts to rise (3-5 psi)

Heres a pretty good link on 700R adjustmemt procedures
    http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/techinfo/700R4p1.html

3. neverdone

neverdone Registered Member

Sounds like a lack of vaccume to the modulator to me.

4. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

700r4's don't have a vacuum modulator /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status