Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T.V. Cable question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nofeartruckin00, Oct 10, 2002.

1. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Hindsight is always 20/20, should have asked about 2 days ago. Finished the 2" body lift, and the T.V. cable came to mind for some reason. Its a 4L60E in a '91, should i have done something with the cable? Actually, its a little late for that. Is there an adjustment i should make before driving it? Searched the forums, no luck. Thanks everyone!

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dont think a body lift will change the TV cable adjustment. As long as it is shifting ok like it used to it should be fine.
    But the shifter linkage from the steering collum to the trans may need to be adjusted.

3. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I welded on an extension for the shifter, and thats what made me think about the TV, just wasn't sure if it was affected by body height. Thanks!

4. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

if you added a body lift to your truck and the tension on the tv cable did not increase or decrease you should be fine. Usually tv cables are a bit longer than needed anyways. If you feel a diffrence in shifting. Then most likely something is wrong. But you should be okay.