Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

t400 bellhousing or adapter plate?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddyblzr, Nov 22, 2004.

1. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

i got an offer today for a turbo400 that came out of a cadalac and the bellhousing wont bolt up to a chevy engine. im not a tranny guy at all but is there a way to get a bellhousing from one or is there an adapter plate. the guy wants 20$ for it and it worked when it came out and the fluid is still good. anyone know anything about bellhousing or adapters?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

adapter plates are available on summit or jegs. Any race shop should be able to get you one. Someone makes a really beefy bellhousing but to change an auto bellhousing requires cutting off the old one and having a custom one that bolts to the pump housing bolts.

3. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

they make a bop engine to chevy tranny adapter, it would prolly work the other way also.

u could buy an ultra bell housing, cut your bellhousing off & bolt the new one on to the tranny frt pump.

4. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i type too slo your post wasn't there when i started.

5. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

If you guys are thinking about Baddog, he later found that only a small high stall converter would fit in the Ultra Bell. As far as the Caddy 400 goes, there are plenty of Chevy 400's out there and you would be better off with a Chevy K case anyway. Find a bad one and have the guts swapped.

6. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

i think thats what im gonna do buy it cuz its so cheap and swap the guts out and find a torque converter with a low stall speed so i dont chew it up like my friend did. stupid high stall and high gears /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif