Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T400 w/ a NP241, Will it adapt to a 203-205 doubler?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by chvyhs, Nov 7, 2003.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Like the subject says. I have a T400 with a NP241 and I want to know if I can put a doubler. It's in a '90 Suburban so length isn't a real factor. I read everything on the ORD website and it didn't meantion using a T400 that originally came with a 241. I already have a 205 lined up so before I go though the trouble of finding a 203 I want to know if I need to find another trany. Thanks

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The 400 output shaft will be a hair too long. You need the actual 400 tranny that had the 203 behind it or just swap the output shaft if you can find one. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Thanks

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

There's another way, we've had good luck drilling the front face of the 203 gearbox to mount up in place of a 208/241 'case. It takes a few tweaks here and there but it indexes properly and the shaft is usually the right length or close enough that it's not a problem. This way you don't have to even take the trans out of the truck to put the Doubler behind it.