Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Table Mesa Area, BLM has the routes inventoried, Needs our comments.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Dec 17, 2002.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Just finished up a 4 hour workshop hosted by BLM. I have the hardcopy maps with all the OHV routes that the BLM had inventoried within the last 3 months for the Black Canyon corridor, including Agua Fria NM and Table Mesa areas.

All motorized routes are mandated to be evaluated by the BLM, and included in their management plan (read Closed or Open). I need to do some more research to find out if the regular trails we run at TM are included in the inventory, and if not, get them added. Then we need to let the BLM know that we use the trails, why, and per FLMPA, they are required to allow us access for recreation.

I'm a newbie at this, but if we don't get involved now, I don't think the results will be good. Need help here guys! BTW the rep from the State Land said that they are going to follow BLM's recommendations.

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Fred...call Bobzilla...like me....he has spent way to much free time out off of table mesa and most likely knows all the trails and where they go!

Azblazer

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Doug, I'll give ol Chuckwagon Bob a call......

4. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Fred,
    Since I don't get to wheel any more I have some free time. If you need me to do any leg work down here let me Know I'll be more then happy to help /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Brian. See if you can get hold of the GPS coordinates for the trailhead to anaconda. I know it's in the middle of terminators, but I don't have the actual numbers. Next time I'm out there, I'll be on a mapping mission (and of course wheelin/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

6. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Anaconda start: 34o 01' 30.5" 112o 10' 37.8
    Anaconda exit: 34o 01' 34.2" 112o 10' 36.3" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Damn that was fast. Can you convert that into UTM? My cheap GPS won't let me manually input coordinates.

8. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Fred I'll do it after all the Xmas stuff is out of the way. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif