Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Table Mesa on 10/26

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by marv_springer, Oct 20, 2003.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Ok... so this is what I've heard.

Some people wanna do a "shake down" run on Sunday 10/26 at Table Mesa. I've heard some will camp Saturday night, and I've heard others will just "day trip" it on Sunday.

Hope to fire the Buggy this week, so I might be game. I'd like to start out w/ an easy trail just to see if stuff works. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.....

Marv

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I think I'm the one that started this. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm in the same boat, I need a good shake down run, and I've got 2 boys I owe some seat time in the buggy. I thought maybe something like Raw Deal at a fairly slow pace, give the boys (completely green and 16) time to try different stuff with the buggy on some of the easy(er) obstacles. Then, if things go well, we can split off into groups. One for the moderate rigs who may want to runs something else, and one for the head cases (like you, Rob, Fred, Matt, me, ???) to beat there stuff on for a real shake down. How's that sound?

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

A shakedown?? on a sunday?? lucky for me that is my day off. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I would like to meet some of y'all and wheel my k5 if you don't mind a new tag-along. Raw Deal sounds like a great place to test. There is also a little rock bowl just down the road, on the way south to the lake, I think it is the enterance to Judgement day, I'm not sure, but it offers an abundance of lines and obsticles if anyone wants to play afterwards.

4. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I'm the one that started this.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You are /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    one for the head cases

[/ QUOTE ]
    I resemble that remark /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your ideas work for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Marv- who did you talk to that may want to camp out down there? I may be up for that, sleep in the Blazer, head to New River in the morning for coffee. The weather is perfect for sleeping under the stars this time of year /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Marv- who did you talk to that may want to camp out down there? I may be up for that, sleep in the Blazer, head to New River in the morning for coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allan (Greenblazer) says he'll be camping on Sat. Nite.

If you need his cell phone, PM me....

Marv

6. FWP

FWP CRS

80 views and 4 posts. Who's reading and not saying anything /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Ignato

Ignato Registered Member

One of those is definitaly me..hehe. If you guys don't mind, I'd like to tag along and meet some people who have the same interest as I do.
    That is, of course, if I get the Blazer all fixed up and running by then.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Ok Ok, if everything goes well, I will be out with you guys, going to be of town all day on Saturday on business, but I should be able to make it.

Ball joints are toast in the blazer since moab, have not been home enough to repair them, but I will make it up unless something drastic changes this.

Rob

9. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Ok Ok, if everything goes well, I will be out with you guys, going to be of town all day on Saturday on business, but I should be able to make it.

Ball joints are toast in the blazer since moab, have not been home enough to repair them, but I will make it up unless something drastic changes this.

Rob

10. damagedgoods

damagedgoods Registered Member

COUNT ME IN I DIDN'T BRAKE AT JAMBOREE SHOULD HAVE BLACK JEEP BRANDON AND SOME OTHERS ALSO I AM UP FOR MOST ANYTHING I NOW HAVE SPARE PARTS AND THE TOOLS TO FIX IT. P.S. ONLY IF WEEK GOES WELL

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Marve I'm down if you guys can stand a "pretty" truck on the trail /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif, I'll hang twards the back to get some learning in /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Ya i've been lookin' over this post a lot too. I'm just wondering what time y'all want to meet and where abouts.
    First pull off, the enterence, it's up to you. I got an extra seat, solid mount beard with 5 points, so no safety
    issues to worry about since I'm new here and you guys haven't met me yet. BTW I am a very serious about safety
    got the cb, fire ex. cage w/padding, fullsize spare with wheel, a true set of five, toll box bolted down and hasped,
    spare parts including rear driveshaft, u-joints, steering links w/ends, main leafs and more. Just can't wait to go. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I would like to ride along with someone if at all possible. I think I will probably show up anyway if I can't. I need to see Rob's truck in person again and take some pictures of and see his TPI setup. If anyone has a seat let me know. Thanks

Harley

14. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Harley I have an empty seat if ya want to be my spotter /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

pm me your # when ya get a chance /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

15. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Any votes for more trails to run, or play on an as broken basis? Just waitin' to hear specifics /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    thanx

16. BadDog

So, what time we getting started up there? I'm down for around 9 a.m. or so. I have to also pick up Matt from Black Canyon and bring down the Great Pumpkin since his tow rig is DOA so getting a really early start would be tough for me. However, Raw Deal is right behind the parking lot if anyone wants to go ahead and get started early.

17. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm down for around 9 a.m. or so

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, too late for me, I'm an early bird. I was thinking more around 7-7:30, finish up Raw Deal around 9 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Leaves more play time on a harder trail /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif If it works out. I have to be on the road home by 4pm.

Matt, we should wait and see on trail decisions, to see who's there, and how Raw Deal goes /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

18. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

yea... what Russ said...
    I'll try to see if Sean wants to go, if so he could probably drag the pumpkin down for me.
    I'll have the terrorist 4 year old w/me though, this will be his first trail run.

19. BadDog

Do you mind baby sitting some green 16 year olds in my buggy? If not, then I can leave them there with the buggy, and you guys can start while I go get Matt (assuming he needs the ride).

20. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you mind baby sitting some green 16 year olds in my buggy? If not, then I can leave them there with the buggy, and you guys can start while I go get Matt (assuming he needs the ride).

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. James listens, He's a good kid.