Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Table Mesa this weekend

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by NoRulz, Jan 20, 2003.

1. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

This Saturday the 25th, 9:00AM is the annual table mesa clean up. Me & ript will be out there. If anyone wants to camp out or anything, we're open to options.

2. FWP

FWP CRS

You gonna be able to bring the Great Pumpkin?

A bunch of local boys are heading down to the N. end of pleasant to camp for the weekend. (Fri and sat night), then do the cleanup and wheel. I'm leaning towards joining in. You guys interested in camping out?

3. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

yea, I'm up for it if I feel better by then, I'm sure ript would be too. Let us know what ya have in mind.

Oh, & I can get the pumpkin down there, still not 100% on steering though.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Not too interested in camping, I'm too old for that. But, I will try to be there for the cleanup. Where is everyone meeting up? At the parking lot? My truggy is also down till I get some money coming in, so I'll need a ride. Maybe I can get my son to go too...

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Well, I decided to head out Friday after work (3 ish) , head down to the North end of Pleasant, find a campsite (probably near where we camped last year- you remember), and wheel Saturday and Sunday. There will be at least 3 trailered rigs in the group, as well as 3 or 4 other rigs. You and the man Ript are welcome to join us.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm too old for that

[/ QUOTE ] B.S. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9 AM

You can ride in the back seat, old man /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I'm in too for the camping. I have to drive my wrestlers to Higley on Saturday and I probably won't acutally make it to the campsite until late sat. night. At least I'll be able to jump in for a run on Sunday. I've been wanting to wheel for a while but haven't had the time. Can anyone give me directions. I've never wheeled down in the table mesa area. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. BadDog

Hey, my Grandpa used to say, "It aint the miles you've traveled, it's the road you traveled on..." Well, the road of my life resembles Asylum more than a paved road. Try sleeping on the cold ground (ok, everything is relative) after having a leg reattached, multiple steel rods inserted in various bones, an artificial knee, and acute traumatic arthritis in most major joints. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif That's why I never camp with you guys. My idea of camping is sleeping in a travel trailer! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyway, I’m thinking I may try to drag my POS out there again on those “doin’ the wave” rear springs. Can’t carry any load, but at least it’s mobile. Plus, looks like my son may come and bring a friend. They need to do “community service” for AFJROTC credits. Only one possible problem, my daughter has a Soccer game on Saturday. I’m not assistant coach (at least not officially, though I’ve been helping) this qtr so, I’m willing to miss the game, but my wife is working and I can’t find anyone to take her to the game. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, I’ll update here if I can find her a ride.

If I can go, should I just meet someone at the parking lot around 9:00 am on Saturday? Where is this group going to be working? How much work, how much play?

9. FWP

FWP CRS

There wil be tons of people around, can't miss it.

where working?- anywhere there's trash- it's up to you, we may be given guidance from th SLD/BLM, but I'm not sure.

How much work you want to do is up to you. I plan on spending until at least noon helping out,, but that's my .02

10. FWP

FWP CRS

I'd give you directions, if you return my phone calls ya butthead /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. BadDog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    where working?- anywhere there's trash- it's up to you, we may be given guidance from th SLD/BLM, but I'm not sure

[/ QUOTE ]
    Problem is, I don't know where most of the trail heads are. Plus it's more fun when your working/hanging out with folks you know (if you like them that is /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). What chanel will you (and others) be running. Maybe I can hook up with you on the CB?

12. FWP

FWP CRS

10, always 10 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. BadDog

Hmmm, didn't you (or someone) make up a map of the trail heads at TM? Seems like I saw an aerial photo with all the roads and trails marked up… How about GPS coords???

14. FWP

FWP CRS

I have all that stuff at home. I'm leaving to head down the hill in an hour or so after work, and won't be back online. Just show up at the parking area at 9 AM, you'll see me there somewhere.

15. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Me too, I'm out on the camping, so I should be in the parking area about 9.

16. BadDog

Between your steering and my wavy springs, we'll be quite the crippled pair out there wont we? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif