Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

table saw question...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My pastor for my church called me monday for some help with his tablesaw. I am not very mechanically enhighned (sp?) but I told him I'd take a look... he said he needs to replace the worm gear, or something to do with the worm gear. Is this hard to do? I'm going there tomorrow at 3:30, so if anyone can give me any suggestions that would be great. I dont know anything about the tablesaw, so thats not much help /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Depends on the brand of saw as to how its put together. I can tear mine apart like people on here tear apart there k-5's

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

so depending on the brand, it could be easy, or hard?

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yep, find out the brand if its a major one you can find a forum that just like this one that will tell you all you need to know. The reason I can tear into the saw is it only cost 400 to replace and It dosent get me to work. Ive actually fabbed parts Like shims and motor mounts for my saw that I learned online.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay, well I will see if me and him can do it tomorrow, otherwise I'll find out if he has a computer and let him search for some forums. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Thanks!