Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tach clusters!!!

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by aj johnson, Nov 3, 2004.

1. aj johnson

aj johnson 1/2 ton status

I have a few of these tach clusters for sale. I have some that are "normal" with the fuel gauge in the lower left corner, and some with the fuel gauge in the tach like these in the pics! I also have one for sale that has had a white face kit added to it with BLUE 4 bulb LED's inside it. That one is $200.
    the others are $150.
    www.planet4x4.net
    www.planet4x4.net
    www.planet4x4.net
    www.planet4x4.net
    email me at idahoaj1@yahoo.com or PM me if you are interested.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. aj johnson

Re: Tach clusters!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by aj johnson

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    wtf?? how come the pics don't show? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are missing the ending to the urls.... .jpg or .bmp or .gif

4. aj johnson

I also have a cluster that has a DUAL AIR PRESSURE gauge in it! check this out...
    planet4x4.net
    planet4x4.net
    $150.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. aj johnson

The white face cluster is SOLD

6. J.R.

J.R. Guest

what is that out of?? year and model

7. aj johnson

they are in 73? all the way up to 88..
    now if I told you the model, there would go my secret! LOL!
    I've tested both the older style and the newer style in my blazer, and they work just fine..
    Some of these have a vacuum gauge in the lower right hand corner, and some have an air pressure gauge there that has 2 needles for 2 different air pressure readings.. wouldn't that be handy for your onboard air setup? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I have one more of the later style, but it has a bit of rust on the screws on the front of the gauge, and I still have several of the older style ones.. I also have a few of the regular tach clusters with the fuel gauge in the lower left corner if anyone is interested....

8. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what is that out of?? year and model

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is, they came out of the bigger rigs. Like dump trucks. I am not sure of the models but I have heard the larger comercial vehicles had them and they also had those vac guages. We got a yard, around these parts, that has lots of old dump trucks and the like. I've been meaning to head down there and look for some more clusters...

BTW - those are some bad ass clusters. Well worth the price too, IMO. If I did not already have a tach cluster, I would certainly buy the vac guage one.

9. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

GMC's "top kick" line.. aka C60.. C65.. et cetera.

10. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Correct..C60/70's...big gm truck...same cab. Allthough not a bolt in without some hacking to make all the wiring work...kinda a neat idea though...

DW

11. aj johnson

[ QUOTE ]
    Allthough not a bolt in without some hacking to make all the wiring work...

DW

[/ QUOTE ]
    how do you mean? mine didn't have any problems at all... the only thing that was a bit "different" is some of the tach's only go to 4000 RPM, so a guy could "PEG" the tach and still have his rig survive!
    I don't really personally care for the vacuum gauge, I'd rather have the air pressure gauge, and either hook both air lines to my OBA tank, or just leave one unhooked, or have 2 OBA tanks with a line to each!

BTW, I have a nice clock for anyone who wants one of these and doesn't want the vacuum or pressure gauge, just pull em out and put it in, it works good that way.

these are cool... you know you want one, and the price is fair....
    Also, anyone interested in some NP241C's with the mech speedo and pass drop? I have one and wanna trade. I need one out of a pickup that is driver drop so I can use an F550 front axle... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. J.R.

J.R. Guest

so will these be a direct swap in my 89 k5? or are there some mods i would need to make

13. aj johnson

you would need to keep your 89 speedo, cause it has that little VSS on the back of the harness, and depending on the vacuum or air pressure gauge that you want, you would need to hook those up manually, but other than that, it will work just fine.. My K5 is an 89 as well with the TH700R4, and I just pulled the speedo out of my cluster and put it in this one and plugged it in, hooked the tach up, and it all works good..

14. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I could use one. It will need to fit an 89 crew cab (2nd generation body style). Tach in large guage on the right, gas in small lower left guage. Tach needs to be the higher RPM version. Mechanical speedo. It needs to be CLEAN /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    Some of the shots you have posted look a bit faded or dirty. Can you e-mail a few shots of a cleaner version in the set up I described?

Thanks,

Eric M.

eric@mannon.com

15. aj johnson

I'll go find one for you, if yours is an automatic transmission, you may need to keep your existing speedometer as well for the VSS that is plugged into the back of it, but as I said before, that isn't a big deal. Give me a couple of days to find a clean rust free one for you. If you don't have an auto tranny, then you can probably use the older style 100 MPH speedo that these come with.

16. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll go find one for you, if yours is an automatic transmission, you may need to keep your existing speedometer as well for the VSS that is plugged into the back of it,

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have an auto trans., no overdrive. I'll need the P R N D 2 1 face. I'm assuming my speedo is mechanical. I have a cable running from the 205 to the speedo, not wires.

Thanks,

Eric M.

17. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

200.00 for stock inaccurate guages? Why not buy real guages? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    200.00 for stock inaccurate guages? Why not buy real guages? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, good point. You got me thinking now /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Eric M.

19. aj johnson

noooo, you got that wrong.. the $200 was for the stock setup that I had with white face and blue LED bulbs in it..
    Eric, the one that you want is the stock one with the fuel gauge in the corner, right? I think I have a couple of pickups that have those in it, and I can look and pull you a good one and take pics if I do.
    The shift indicator isn't part of the cluster, so you don't need to worry about that.

for the visually impaired out there....
    $150 for the clusters...

As it clearly stated above... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Eric, the one that you want is the stock one with the fuel gauge in the corner, right?
    The shift indicator isn't part of the cluster, so you don't need to worry about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep,

Fuel guage in the lower left corner. I forgot about the shift indicator /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Pics. would be great.

Thanks,

Eric M.