Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tach connection* Again*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lifethroughdeath, Aug 18, 2004.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to hook up my tach, and I've got everything hooked up except the power. I thought I had it all figured out but then I went to start my truck, and it wouldn't. So I cut that connection (which was tapped into radio power) and it started right up. So I did a search and found out that i should tap into the fuse box, with one of those plastic connectors, but where do you get those? Anyone got a part #? Help!!!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think people say the right crimp on blade connector will work, but I wouldn't do that. Just my preference.

I'm sure GM can get the right connectors for you, but any GM vehicle out of the mid-late 80's will have the connectors on the fuse panel, just cut the wire, take the wire/plug, and splice yours into it.

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Um, if I am reading this right I just used a flat spade and stuck it into the fuse box where power was on with the ignition. Make sure there is an inline fuse though. What kind of tach do you have? Mine is a Sunpro. It used to give me really eratic readings, I checked my ground and all my wiring but still could not figure it out. I then just ran power to the battery and left the ground un connected and it works fine...... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif