Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tach in dash and new gas guage installed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Jun 17, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bobk came over yesterday to help me install my tach and ended up doing most of the work /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif but he is a good guy and didnt care at all, but anyway here's the pics of the install and it looks great now and functions great also! I got both tachs from pepboys of anyone is wondering. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Looks good! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kris

3. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nice!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Nice mod! I've been wanting to do that for a long time, it just makes more sense that way. Did you run into any unforseen snags?

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

not too bad... i dont particularly like the tach... but that gas gauge is HOT, how did you mount it?

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I did this, but wanted it to all look kind of stock. The fuel gauge is the original one, I just moved it and made a smaller version of the same factory scale for it.[​IMG] Don't worry, the engine was running, but I wasn't driving when I took this picture. I will be redoing this soon to make it a 6000rpm tach (whose stock crate 350 does 8000rpm?) with marks every 200rpm instead of every 500 like you see here. I posted about this before if you are bored and want to know how I did it.

7. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Looks good, I like it. Lots better than on top of the dash and in the way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice mod! I've been wanting to do that for a long time, it just makes more sense that way. Did you run into any unforseen snags?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snags.... there was a circuit board looking thing on the back of the cluster holder thing (the white part that the guages all mount to) and we had to cut varefully to fit the large tach depth in. Also the wires that plug into the instrument panel use a wire bracket like thing thats not labled so finding the source, positive and negative wasn't very easy. And the last small snag is that the fule guage is off. It reads 7/8 of a tank now when i really have like 1/2 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif other than that it's great /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

looks good branndon!!

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, now about making me some bumpers.... when can i come over?

11. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

want mine?? its ugly but its strong, and im looking for a good home for it. other wise a tuesday or a sunday would be the best. or anyother day if you feel like staying up all night. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif