Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tach install -- Need some words of wisdom

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5thatShmobs, Nov 17, 2002.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Im putting an auto meter tach in my '89 K5, and I was hoping that someone with any knowledge on this with blazers in particular could give me some advice. Basically I'm trying to find a good places to connect the positive, ignition switch, and dash lighting wires. Any suggestions?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Fuse box. THe fusbox has tons of Accessory connections in the top. Clearly marked "BATT",, "IGN" and Accessory. THe light I would tag the light circuit on the harness for the radio. That way it will dim with the rest of the dash lights. I think the wire you looking for would be brown with a stripe. Take a test light and probe the wire. Turn on the parking lights and twist the dimmer to see if you have the right one.

3. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the really good advice... Ill follow up.

4. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That should work well.
    I pulled all three (+12v,ground, and panel lights) from my radio harness on my '74 and it worked just fine.

Good Luck,

-Ben