Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

Just bought a autometer tach for my 76 jimmy and i know they have instructions but they are vague, so maybe you guys can help me by telling me how you wired yours??
    Thanx

2. Kiblsnbits

Kiblsnbits Registered Member

I put mine in a couple weeks ago, it was pretty easy. There should be included in the kit a female spade connector. This goes on the wire that goes to the tach, on mine it was green. Just put this through the firewall, and then look on the driver's side of the HEI cap, and there is a little slot that says tach. You have to reach under it and push the spade connector onto the metal thing under the cap. I used a haynes manual to help me get an idea of what it looked like under there so I knew what I was poking around with. Then I spliced the red wire (power) onto the power from my cb which was just spliced into the fuse box at a fuse that was hot in run. The black wire I went through the firewall again and grounded it. The white wire is for the light on mine and that is where mine got screwy. Some people told me to splice it into the dimmer switch, and after some fumbling with wires I had it spliced to the grey wire coming from the dimmer switch. This worked for a whie, but now when I turn on my lights, the tach is dark and doesnt work, so dont do that... hope this helped some

Blazer: A hole in the air, surrounded by metal, into which one pours money