Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tachometer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Aug 22, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

did any 91's come with a stock tch...if so a picture of the dash would be nice /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I pretty sure the tach was no longer an option then. An 81 is the latest model I have seen a tach in.

3. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i seen a 88 with a tach but it was a dealer installed when the guy bought it new.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Hey J.R., since it was added to yours I have to ask - is it the regular GM tach that goes where the fuel guage usually goes (causing the fuel guage to go where a clock might be)?

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I have to agree that '91 probably no longer had a tach option, and according to my parts book, you couldn't get one for '85 either, but I don't think I'd say for certain that '81 was the last year, unless someone can look up the tachs in an '81 and 82 parts manual, and see that it wasn't available for '82.

There have been a few people that bought the trucks new, and say that they had tachs in them, post-81. Can't confirm or deny, but I think that '81 only deal started because they ARE so rare after '80.

6. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

well there apears to be no place for an aftermarket one ....unless it goes in front of the stock gauges or on top of the dash

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

They just changed the location of the fuel gauge. The blue plastic piece was different, as was, of course, the fuel gauge itself, since it changed to a small one, in place of the clock. (which I believe died about '88 or so, when the digital display radios were finally introduced)

My page has pics of my truck with a Camaro tach adapted in....

8. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

My 85 has a stock tach in the 2nd big slot and the fuel gauge is little in the lower left corner. Oh, no, wait, I set it all up that way to look stock. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif . I have been able to fool a few people, though, although not diehard Chevy guys. It is great this way. Every vehicle should come with a big speedo and big tach front and center.

The stock tach clusters are hard to find because everybody wants them and the factory tachs have a bad habit of getting messed up.

9. J.R.

J.R. Guest

yep, and it was the new style tach and not the one like in the 70's and early 80's trucks.