Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tachs for 73-80 in demand ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Aug 31, 2001.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

I can get a hold of a couple of 73-80 tach dashes, sitting in a couple C-65's, should i grab them, or am i wasting typing space ?

r72k5@hotmail.com

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

C-65's probably have weird fuel gauges on them, that is integral with the tach. Not sure what kind of demand for those there is. Check them out, if normal CK 5-30 layout, yeah, there is some demand for them.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

4. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

Id get em even if they are the combo tach/fuel guage... Id run one, so I could keep that factory clock in my dash... factory tachs are very hard to come by for the older trucks.. a guage cluster with working factory tach for a 73-81 or so will bring well over $100 on ebay, up to $200 if its nice enough..

mike

5. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

there are A LOT!!! of different things to know about the tach dashes and dashes in general for these years especially when mixing in the heavy series trucks.I have a copy of soe tech advice i have given on these if you would like i t sent to your home email address.Yours was not in your profile. DAVE

Always searching for that pot of gold!Got any old musclecar parts lying around????

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

so should i snatch these panels, or let em go to shredder ? They are the big truck style with the little fuel guage in the bototm of the tach.
    Need advice, asap, im oging back there in the morning.

r72k5@hotmail.com

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

7. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

like i mentioned earlier there is too much here to go intobut they could be very usable dashes .somw had vacuum gauges where the clock was ,or blank or an air pressure gauge for air brakes.What the heck do most blazer owners want with a pressure gauge. there were mechanical and electric oil pressure gauges.The big thing to watch is volt -vs. amp gauge. Am ix up here can cause BIG problems[meltdown]some big trucks used diesels or big 6 cyl engines.6 cyl tachs calibrated different ,diesel tachs were only to 4,000 RPM so and so on . i don't have an answer as to wether it worth YOUR time or not.If you get them for free and want $25 a piece for them yeah.If they wants $35 ea. for them ?????? you could take them to ebay like most of the guys do and just advertise that they fit ALL 73-87 ,which is far from the truth and get $50-75 ea. for them but do so knowing that you might be screwing over some unknowning owner and may torch his ride when he hooks it up. I usually get these kind for $15-$25 ea. at local swap meets and use them to build proper ones. Hope that cleared it up some.Like I said i have a whole write up as to what fits what but I had no email addy on you. DAVE

Always searching for that pot of gold!Got any old musclecar parts lying around????

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Thanks Dave, oh and this is Fast68Chevy, hehe,
    I didnt realize you were over here on this forum, also, lol.
    You already know my email addy without even realizing it !

Thanks for the info, looks like Ill let em scrap the dashes, doesnt sound like they are worth the time.

Have a good one!

9. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

if i were you i would grab them.
    it isnt that hard to re index the wires in the instrument panel plug to match the guages.