Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tacoma is gone!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Heavymetal, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just logged on and thought I should vote. When I did I noticed that the tacoma site was gone! I guess the administrator got tired of their cheating? I hope everyones that uses this site votes for it. Lets not cheat though, we don't want to get kicked off too!

77'/87' 3/4 ton Burb, 400cu, sm465, np205, 14boltff, dana44, 4.10s, 35in BFG's.

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

they didn't get booted.
    the webmaster asked to be removed.
    The owner of Top 4x4 posted this a bit ago.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

3. Blazinit

Blazinit Registered Member

OK, now why would they do that?

'84 K5 Blazer 4"Rancho R/B w/Quad Diamond Back front 350/TH700r4/NP208/35" BFG AT/10 bolt F&R
    Washington, USA

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

The webmaster of their site asked to be removed because of all the fighting. They didn't feel that it was worth the trouble. That kinda sucks, since now we don't have any competition. If everyone would've just played fair and not cheated, we would still have a good competition going.

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?

5. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

It's kinda like when a CEO of a large corporation is offered a chance to resign, before he gets fired by the board of directors. I can imagine the webmaster of Top4x4 made the webmaster of Tacoma an offer he couldn't refuse. Top4x4 retains it's integrity, and Tacoma retains it's dignity. It was a good solution to the problem. This is my personal opinion based purely on a W.A.G. (Wild A$$ Guess).

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

6. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

my personal opinion, based on what i know about shannon brookshire, the webmaster at tacomaterritory, is that he'd rather not deal with all the BS.. he's a good guy, and i'm willing to bet he went ahead and just removed his site just so he didn't have to deal with ridiculous bandwidth-wasting posts like ' our bbs is at the top now, the other one sucks' and so forth......really.......

PS shannon's also a texas guy, some of you may have seen him around at shiloh or llano. if you get a chance, introduce yourself.

greg

** i'm so money **

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'll expand on Greg83's comments and say "Thank Goodness"......not because Tacoma is gone (who really cares?) but because it will hopefully allow THIS board to get back to business.

[rant on]

I'm tired of being told to "VOTE"....or that we are somehow "losing" a meaningless vote tally......[​IMG]

I bet if you asked our moderator to provide real data about the amount of traffic this site sees every DAY....you would realize that "Top4x4 Sites" has no relevance in describing where people are TRULY spending their time.

[rant off]

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

8. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I agree with what has been said here and just thought I woudl add my .02. I found this site via the Top 4x4 sites page, but, if TTORA was #1 and ColoradoK5 was #2 or even #5, I still would be here. I OWN A JIMMY! Why would I go to TTORA?

Sure, I vote, and it's fun to see us as #1. But, c'mon, are any of us here because we are #1? I don't think so. We are here because of the content, the knowledge, the comraderie.

Let's focus on what we came here to do, learn and help each other out. And if we are at the top of a voting website, then great. If not, let's continue our focus of content.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!