Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tags/registration?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jun 9, 2004.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

so the other day, i went to dmv and got my new plate and tags etc.. well i go home to put the new tags on for 05 and they only gave me one sticker? wtf ? so my licesne plate just has the year on it, and not the month. can i get in trouble with just the year? cuz a cop can run my plate and see that its all legal u know, or should i go down and just get the other sticker? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so the other day, i went to dmv and got my new plate and tags etc.. well i go home to put the new tags on for 05 and they only gave me one sticker? wtf ? so my licesne plate just has the year on it, and not the month. can i get in trouble with just the year? cuz a cop can run my plate and see that its all legal u know, or should i go down and just get the other sticker? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on state law, you can get a ticket for only having one sticker, supposed to be a month and year sticker.

And yes, we can run your tag to find out if it's current; but that doesn't excuse you from fixing the problem. Just get the month sticker so you don't get hung up down the road.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

When we bought our Impala in January , my wifes plate followed us , we got a new month to coincide with month we purchased car. My truck however only recieved the year tag as well, as the month stayed the same. Theyv'e done this 2 times to me, so I believe it is just the way here . You can call or check it out though, AZ is online AZ MVD

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

In Washington, you just replace the year tab. The month stays on the plates forever!

5. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Yes, definately bring it to the attention of your DMV. You could be issued a ticket if your Vehicle and Traffic Code states the requirement to have both month and year stickers affixed to your license plate. Whether or not you would get the ticket would be at the discretion of the officer. I would not chance it.

P.S. Didn't mean to reply to you Bubba, intended for 82K5.

6. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Things my be different in AZ. I am just getting accustomed to having stickers on my plates here in CO. When I lived in NY State, we received a registration sticker that we placed on our windshield along with a inspection sticker.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Are you the same guy that posted the same exact question on PBB? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

hey yea, i posted it there too... so i guess i will go down to dmv tomorrow.. thanx guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Here in Massachussetts some vehicles with passenger plates get 2 plates,but only one sticker,it goes on the rear plate.I'd definately chech with the RMV,or DMV,whatever your state calls it,and make sure you have the right number of stickers,and EXACTLY where and how to stick them on the plate--a customer of mine had his car towed because he accidently put it on upside down,and the cop charged him with operating unregistered--he went to court and got it dropped though,cost him over 100 bucks to get his truck out of impound.You dont want to give them any more reason to pull you over,at least around here,they are stopping and fining a lot of people for no seatbelts,etc.,but I dont see them stpping any of the fools on their cellphones and the semi's passing me at 80+mph. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yes, you absolutely need the month decal here in Arizona, go back to them with the plate in hand and inform them of their screw up.