Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tahoe Rear Springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rob 85K5, Mar 20, 2000.

1. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was wondering if the rear springs from a 4 door Tahoe would fit my 85 K5. I measured eye to eye on the springs and was off 1-1/2" but the Tahoe was on a lift wth the axle drooping. The Tahoe was getting new rear springs on for sag, but they still have to be fresher than mine and should be stronger IMHO to hold up the 4 door tahoe.
    I'm planning for the future shackle flip and would rather keep the blocks out for leveling purposes.

So will they fit?

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I don't think so, if i remember correctly, your year should use a 52" eye-to-eye rear spring, where as the newer tahoes, yukons & K trucks use a 56" eye-to-eye, someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe this to be an accurate statement.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

3. My 96 Tahoe springs measure 54" from center to center of the bolts. Same as my 90 3/4 ton springs !!

<font color=red>The last time I tried smokin' my tires, the mud put'em out !! BigBurb

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Big Burb, That'll be 5 Washingtons sent to me .....White Knight