Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tail gate problems?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88jimmyoungowner, Feb 10, 2002.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

my window on my tailgate on the 88K5 is not rolling down. I ca nmove it down and up, but some one has to help me push it down and pull it up, while i click the button in the cab. Is it my motor? is this common? Is this common?
    And oh yeah, while on the tail gate thing, my key hole in the rear is messed up(i.e. full of dirt) And i was wondering what the easiest way to clean it out would be?
    Any help is appreciated.

16, 88 jimmy, kearning, but still need help

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Your glass guides are probably shot. Take off the back cover and remove your glass. If you have the gate, flip the latch on the driver's side and it will fool the switch so it can still go up while the gate is open. Then look on the left and right sides of the gate for the felt lined channels. Replace those and grease everything well in there. You might also wanna pull the cable that comes off the motor and grease that before you replace the channels.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>