Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TAIL GATE/REAR SEAL/BRAKES

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GAK5, Sep 22, 2000.

1. 89GAK5

89GAK5 Registered Member

ok guys got some questions- seeking knowlege.
    #1.tail gate latch- cant seem to find a way to adjust it.it has gotten so bad the gate has 1 1/2 inch cracks in the corners.
    #2.just put gm pads on the front last night.left side worn twice as much as right side.im pulling to the right though. the rear brakes on rt side will catch and bind some times.thinking maybe master cyl.?sometimes you barley touch the break and it will lock up then pop.
    #3.as for rear seal mine is leaking to.was going to work on it this wk-end.priced a new gm yoke a 190.00 tried other places.no one seams to have one or the spline.thought about filing the spacer down some where it will go up farther in t case not rubbing in the same place on the shaft.looking for some answers.

RUGERS& K5 BOWTIES

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

O.K., first thing to ask is did you turn the front rotors before you put on new brakes?????? just because they look good doesn't mean that the surface isn't polished or scarred.your hang up problem could be in the valving. you should have a press. distributor on the front cross member just below the harmonic balancer. start there. replace itand them if they still don't work right replace the wheel cylinders on both sides etc.etc. don't have anything for the gate but you should try finding a used yoke for rear. some places sell these used for around $50.00 and they are still in good cond. see post board for a good,strictly truck, used parts supplier

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

1. All the Tailgates crack at the edges going from the window channel down, mine was and I welded it back together, NO problem. Not sure what you mean about the adjustment part.

2. I dont think its your master cylinder, although it could be and they are cheap to replace, sounds like maybe the proportioning valve, or a wheel cylinder or caliper.

3. On the yoke seal leaking, it happens, take the yoke off and clean it very good with a wire brush and them some 600 or 800 grit sandpaper, replace the seal and make sure to oil the yoke before you put it back it, this should take care of the problem.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com