Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tail Gate

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by B75k5, Mar 5, 2000.

1. B75k5

B75k5 Registered Member

Im looking to replace my tailgate on 1975 K5. What years will fit? If replacement is a power gate, how hard to wire power to new tailgate, currently manual gate on Blazer. Haven't had much luck finding gate in good condition in my area. Did locate doors last month from an add posted here, really good doors, only thing missing was top/bottom fillers, hope mind are good enough when I replace doors. Thanks for info in advance. Harry

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well a good gate is hard to find. If you have good hardware you might want to get a new reproduction. J.C. Whitney sells them for as I recall 200. If you go this route be sure to do alot of rust prevention inside befor you install your guts. The dealer still has the window tracks and the felts for a reasonable price. as for years 73-91 K5 gates should all be interchangable. or you could scrap it all together and do what I did on my 75 http://www.coloradok5.com/erichummel.htm

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. chad

chad Registered Member

How did you get the window to work with that tailgate setup?

[​IMG]
    Cruisin Taz in a 79!
    Chad