Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tail light filler panel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater74, Jul 18, 2003.

1. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i'm fix'n to install some 6" oval LED tail lights and i am looking for some weld in filler thingy's to blank out stock tail light hole. you know the ones people use when blanking out the stock tail lights after installing those cheezy corvette roll pans with tail lights

2. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

LMC has those for $49.95 a pair. Part number 38-0850.

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Where did you get the LED lights from? Are they the really bright ones?

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i gott'm here they are bright but no blinding /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

...or you can do what I did and just make some. Just takes some scrap sheet metal, tin snips, and a hole saw. I've even got a "no-go" (as in, don't put the hole here, move it inboard a little) template. I think Keith made his own, too. Noone in ATL is going to have stock tail lights at this pace. What happened, junk yard finally run out?

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    . Just takes some scrap sheet metal, tin snips, and a hole saw. I've even got a "no-go"

[/ QUOTE ] yeh thats what i'm gonna do. i can get all the sheet i need for free /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    What happened, junk yard finally run out?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha not yet but after my first outing i already lost one so i figured i'd replace them befor they do run out

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

When you cut look at the area behind where the light will pop in. My 1st was too far over, that's how I got the bad one. I also added a side marker in the upper, forward corrner of the filler plate. I used one of the round lights that are secured in the same manner as the tail lights you are using. I have yet to break any of the trailer style lights. I went through several stock ones when running the stock bumper. I think the bumper I have now would have saved some of them, but deff not all of them (I have a dent in my filler plate).