Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tail light malfunction?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88GLAZER, Sep 24, 2003.

1. 88GLAZER

88GLAZER 1/2 ton status

If I turn the driverside blinker on, it is fine, but when i turn the other side on, they both come on, but not as bright very dim. when I turn the headlights on I lose all rear lights? what the funk!

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Bad ground's. Check and clean all the ground's, at all the light's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I agree. Check your body ground from the battery, too. It may not be causing the tail light problem, but it may be causing problems that haven't yet reared their ugly head.

4. 85BlazerFan

85BlazerFan Registered Member

OR

Passenger side blinker fluid level is low. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

(Sorry, that's the first thing that popped in my head after reading your post) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

To get to the tail light grounds, remove the tail light lenses, then the housings. Now you can see the ground wire on each side, attached to the body on the bottom of the opening. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif