Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tail light problem

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Aug 12, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Whenever I turn on my headlights the driver side turn signal turns on but doesnt flash. if the key is engaged (on position) the driver t signal wont flash it just lights up when the lights are on. when the lights are off and the engine cranked the turn signal will work sometimes or just turn on and not blink.. if they key is just on acc it will flash all day long. also i have a break light on the same side that doesnt want to come on. no problems on the other side. i cant find any breaks or rubs and the wires are the same as other side. AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!3 wasted days. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

so any ideas?

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nathan
    69K5

2. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

It might just be the flasher relay "cans". Does your emergency flasher system work? If it works ok, swap the "can" over to the one for turn signals. They only cost about $4 bucks. Next unit to check will be the turn signal switch. A replacement will run you $30 for non/tilt column. But before you buy anything, check at your taillight harness to see if some P/O didn't scab in some wierd side-of -the -road -in-the -rain wiring for a tow rig. I had to replace my taillight harness because the previous owner was no electrician.HTH