Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tail light probs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Aug 12, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i hate to admit it this but the problem is with my 97 elantra and not the blazer.

Whenever I turn on my headlights the driver side turn signal turns on but doesnt flash. if the key is engaged (on position) the driver t signal wont flash it just lights up when the lights are on. when the lights are off and the engine cranked the turn signal will work . if they key is just on acc it will flash all day long. also i have a break light on the same side that doesnt want to come on. no problems on the other side. i cant find any breaks or rubs and the wires are the same as other side. all my lights flash on the drivers side except for the reverse. new bulbs and flasher relays all the way around. AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!3 wasted days.

so any ideas?

thanks

Nathan
    69K5

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i took the column apart. i think it may be inside the turn signal itself. fully electronic signal but a new one is 64.00 why cant it have springs like the blazer?