Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate Aluminum

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MILOLGJC, Jul 14, 2003.

1. MILOLGJC

MILOLGJC Registered Member

My 76 K-5 has some scars on the aluminum tailgate trim panel. So far, I have been unable to find anyone willing or able to try and restore the finish to this piece. LMC does not list this part as being available and GM has discontinued the part also. Any ideas on a way to re-furbish the panel. Or any ideas as to a professional I might be able to take this to in order to affect a repair /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif....thanks!!!

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

where in FL are you at? I dono know what your willing to pay but im sure I can find you one.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

ChevyDuty has them for 73-80's...goto the web page i listed and order there free catalog or call them at 1-800-741-1678 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. MILOLGJC

The chevy duty catalog has only the notch-top version for the pickup truck. The one my K-5 has is just a elongated rectangle.

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I have the stainless steel tailgate band.. that big piece right in the middle.. it's off a 89 Blazer. I'm sure it'll fit the 76..
    That's only if your wanting to buy a used one cheap !!!

6. MILOLGJC

The problem with later ones is that they are notched from what I know so far. Take a look at the measurements and let me know. 7.5"x66.5" with no notch or cutout. It is only an elongated rectangle. I would be interested if it is in good shape and fits.....thanks!!!