Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate bushings??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Itali83, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if there are supposed to be a bushing type thing that goes on the tailgate support?? As in where the 2 fingers on the tailgate go into the two square hole in the tailgate posts. I went to GM today, but the parts guy couldn't find anything like that, it looks like there should be a bushing for the fingers to go into, it just looks way too sloppy now. Thanks.
    Ben 87 JImmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I'm the original owner of my K5 and it never had bushings in those holes. I think it looks that way because GM designed a little 'tolerance' into the tailgate.
    And not only that but in case of an accident that is basically the only think that holds the quarter panels in place at the top. I don't see what other function they have since they fit inside the holes without ever touching them.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by rampage on 09/19/01 02:19 PM.</FONT></P>

3. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Thank you very much, I was thinking it may be for some kind of clollision thingy. Thanks again
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>