Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate Diagram

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerman78, Mar 8, 2003.

1. blazerman78

blazerman78 Registered Member

I'm currently trying to convert my manual tailgate window on my 78 Blazer to a power one. I have the power regulator, but it doesn't seem to fit right /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. The motor on the power regulator doesn't clear the glass and the inside of the tailgate. Does anyone have an exploded view diagram of how everything should go together? I might be missing something really stupid. A diagram or any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I cant help you but-

if you get it converted- and get it to correctly work for a solid 6 months- every time you use it- etc... let me know- cause I'll pay you to fix mine....

Brandy

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like you have a motor from a Suburban.

The Blazer motor mounts off to the side and has a flexible driveline that connects to the regulator.

4. blazerman78

blazerman78 Registered Member

Oh, so that's probably it. That's the only thing that makes sense. BTW, I think I'm hust going to fix my manual regulator and get a new latch. I didn't pay anything for the electric one. It was in the back of my Blazer when I bought it. I should have expected something like that. Thanks alot for your help!